Ecothrive Biosys is a everyday seller here at Edinburgh Organics, customers love the simplicity, cost and effectiveness of this product. Biosys contains a unique blend of microbes and natural plant growth stimulants making it completely organic. Easy to use and immediately improves the health of your root zone.
Biosys contains a unique blend of microbes and natural plant growth stimulants. Easy and quick to mix and use, nothing immediately improves the health of your root zone quite like Biosys. Breathe new life into your plants with Biosys — the instant microbial tea from Ecothrive.
Biosys is a concentrated powder that you add to water to make what we call a ‘microbe tea’. It contains some quite complex ingredients that work on a few levels. The microbes in Biosys improve root function, increase nutrient and water availability, help with disease prevention, speed up the breakdown organic matter and improve plant growth. These organisms include;
- 8 Species of Endo mycorrhizal fungi
- 8 Species of Bacillus
- 2 Species of Nitrogen fixing bacteria
- 2 Species of Pseudomonas
- 2 Species of Trichoderma
Biosys also contains biological catalysts to allow activation and continued growth of beneficial bacteria and fungi within the root zone – right where you need them. These catalysts that activate and sustain the microbes include humic acids, amino acids, enzymes, proteins, carbohydrates and seaweed extract.
When added to water and applied to root zone, Biosys comes to life quickly to improve the root environment of your crop. Biosys is ideal for use outdoors on open soil, as well as indoors with potting soil, coco, hydroponic growing media (such as rockwool) and even in hydroponic systems with little or no growing media.
Biosys is very suitable to (re)populate, to stimulate and maintain the biological balance in the root zone. Biosys is ideally applied during propagation of seedlings or cuttings, with subsequent applications every 1-2 weeks indoors, and every 4 weeks outdoors. Biosys has a unique action that quickly populates the rhizosphere with a diversity of natural microorganisms to enable your plants to thrive.
- Biosys contain beneficial bacteria, fungi, enzymes and plant growth stimulants and microbial catalysts all in an easy to use powder!
- Biosys stimulates rooting of cuttings and promotes both vegetative and generative plant development.
- Maintains a healthy root zone throughout the entire plant cycle.
- Biosys enriches the rhizosphere with a natural balance of micro-organisms to improve plant growth and allow healthy uptake of water and nutrients.
- Helps plants recover quickly from periods of stress.
- Biosys is highly concentrated.
- The microbial catalysts in Biosys are water soluble.
- No brewing necessary, an advanced instant alternative to aerated compost tea!
- Biosys is very easy to apply – straight away!
How it works
1. Measure 0.5-1g per L.
2. Mix with water
3. Ready to go!
Make a concentrate first to ensure powder is dissolved. Example: Add 10g to 500ml of tepid water (~21°C). Stir thoroughly until dissolved. Add this concentrate to the larger volume of water. Once in Solution, use within 24 hours.
Preparing Your Water:
Beneficial microbes do not like chlorine in tap water. To remove chlorine you can:
- Allow water to stand for 12-24 hours.
- Bubble with an air pump & air stone for 1-2 hours.
- Use an inline chlorine filter, or RO water filter.
- Use rain water, its chlorine free!
- Always stir well until powder is dissolved.
- Avoid adding the powder to a nutrient solution above 1.5 EC.
- Ideal for use with soil and coco as a weekly ‘flush’.
- Biosys can be used with both vegetables and flowers in potting soils/soil-less mixes, and for outdoor cultivation in open ground.
- Do not spray or pour over flowers.
- Re-seal the container after use and store in a dry location below 25°C.
- Ideal for use alongside Ecothrive Charge.
Propagation and Potting-On
Add 10g per 10L of water
Ideal for watering newly potted plants.
For seed and cuttings, pre-soak plugs for 15 mins.
Add 5g per 10L of water
Water the growing media until run-off occurs
Repeat every 1-2 weeks
Use with water or half strength nutrient solution
Recirculating Hydroponic Systems
Add 2.5g per 10L of water
Repeat every 1-2 weeks with each reservoir change
Avoid mixing with EC higher than 1.5
The nutrient solution must be actively aerated
Add 10g per 10L of water
Use with water only
Apply twice with a 5 day interval